Are we still dealing with Generation Y http://ask.bit.ly/ehViz7 or is it already Generation Z?
Posts tagged ‘Social Studies’
“Bullying should be a crime punishable by law.” Agree or disagree?
Some points to consider:
- Define what a crime is. Does bullying fall into the category?
- There are different types or levels of bullying, some of which may not even be considered an offense.
- Compare bullying to other social ills e.g. racism, sexism, sexual discrimination, homophobia and so on. Is it just as despicable and socially unacceptable?
- Making bullying a crime will send out a message to offenders that they can’t get away with something of this gravity.
- What are the physical and psychological consequences for the victim and his/her loved ones – family and friends?
- If the offender is underage, who will be held responsible – the parents?
- How will such a law be enforced? Is there going to be a need for a panel of experts – psychologists, child counselors etc. to work together with law enforcement agents?
Remember: Write no more than 300 words in 30 minutes.
P.S. I am attaching an article below that talks about preventing the act of bullying in schools. It might be helpful for you to prepare your answer.