Before you answer the question:
Complaining about or showing disapproval of someone’s annoying behavior nowadays is like making a storm in a teacup: no one seems to care anymore.
Speaking your mind makes you look like the fussy one: someone who is always hard to please.
Would you consider any of these things annoying? Where would they usually happen?
- Not using the indicator
- Not respecting pedestrians
- Revving the engine
- Blowing/honking the horn
- Using the shoulder as a lane
- Slurping your drink
- Eating smelly food
Of course, there are many other behaviors that piss us off everyday. Here is the question at hand:
Do people from your country have good manners? Give reasons and examples to support your view.
You have two alternatives: record an answer by clicking on the Vocaroo icon below or write an answer in the Comments.
If you´re recording, don’t take more than 45 seconds.
If you’re going to write about it, write at least 300 words in 30 minutes.
If you want to do both, by all means do so.
Powered by Vocaroo Voice Recorder
“You can’t stop progress. Sometimes you shouldn’t even try”.
Do you agree or disagree with this quote above? Give reasons and examples to support your opinion in a text of at least 300 words.
Discuss the importance of the landing on the Moon in 1969 for humanity. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.
Consider the following points:
- the dawn of a new era in scientific research
- the advent and acceleration of technological devices
- the materialization of a long sought-after dream (to venture out and explore the universe)
Answer the following question in no more than 300 words. Give yourself 30 minutes to complete the task.
In your opinion, is studying abroad easier for students nowadays than for students 20 years ago? Give reasons and examples to support your answer.
The task: Read the instructions below carefully.
What, in your opinion, is the greatest difficulty students face when studying in a foreign country? Give reasons and examples to justify your answer.
- This is a diagnostic task, so you should write at least two or three paragraphs.
- The length of a writing task is 300 words.
- Don’t worry too much about length or format: remember to pay attention to the instructions and answer all of the question.
- Write your answer first on a Word document, then COPY and PASTE it in the COMMENTS section, at the end of this POST.
- Don’t forget to save the comment
- Read carefully when you post.
What would you do? Leave your comment here and justify your answer.
Or go to the Voxopop page and leave a recording there with your answer.
#171 Imagine you are preparing for a trip. You plan to be away from home for a year. In addition to clothing and personal items, you can take one additional thing. What would you take and why? Use specific reasons and details to justify your answer.