Explain fasting as a means to increase spirituality.
Some important facts about fasting:
- It has roots in many religions like Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Eastern religions, to name a few.
- Its general purpose: to increase spirituality and to come closer to the divine
- Some of its benefits include:
- breaking attachment to material things
- speaking out against consumption and materialism
- quintessential to spiritual well-being
- replenishment of the soul
- spiritual revigoration
- escape valve from daily life
What, in your opinion, is the connection between fasting and spirituality?