This activity is aimed at working fluency and recognition of letters and sounds.
Do you know how many silent letters there are in English? Click here to go to the Voxopop discussion. In the opening notes of the group, there is a link that shows the sentences you have to record.
See how good you are at recognizing silent letters in English?
#175 – Some students like classes where teachers lecture (do all of the talking) in class. Other students prefer classes where students do some of the talking. Which type of class do you prefer? Give specific reasons and details to support your choice.
Write your answer in the Comments box.
Maximum length: 300 words
Explain fasting as a means to increase spirituality.
Some important facts about fasting:
- It has roots in many religions like Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Eastern religions, to name a few.
- Its general purpose: to increase spirituality and to come closer to the divine
- Some of its benefits include:
- breaking attachment to material things
- speaking out against consumption and materialism
- quintessential to spiritual well-being
- replenishment of the soul
- spiritual revigoration
- escape valve from daily life
What, in your opinion, is the connection between fasting and spirituality?